DO YOU WANT TO…
- Deliver change from development to production quicker and more reliably?
- Fully automate provisioning and deployment?
- Extend the benefits of agile development practices into operations?
- Know how high performing companies are adapting their operations to be as flexible as their new “cloudy” infrastructure?
- Get up to speed on emerging topics like Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, and DevOps Culture?
DevOps Workshops are designed to help accelerate and ensure the success of your improvement efforts. These workshops bring recognized DevOps, Service Delivery, and Automation experts into you company to provide valuable lessons learned and best practices from high performing organizations across the industry.
While theory and high-level concepts are introduced and explained, the focus of these workshops is on imparting practical “nuts and bolts” knowledge that attendees can use immediately in their day-to-day work.
The scope and duration of each workshop is tailored to each client’s needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the key outcomes?
- Bring your team up to speed on emerging DevOps and automation topics
- Learn the principles and best practices behind today’s high performing companies
- Align the improvement efforts of the different roles and stakeholders who are apart of your service’s full lifecycle
- Hands-on experience with open source tooling and techniques that implement DevOps principles and best practices
Who should attend?
- For the full 3 days, at least one stakeholder (with hands-on knowledge of the current process) from each role in the full development to operations lifecycle (Product, Dev, QA, Ops, etc.) should participate
- Day 1 is designed to be valuable for anyone involved in the development to operations lifecycle (including business roles and executive management)
- The Hack Day on Day 3 is for engineers who have hands-on responsibility for the build, release, and deployment process
What happens during the “Hack Day”?
- Technical roles from across your development to operations lifecycle get hands-on with a reference toolchain that automates the build and deployment lifecycle of a simple sample application
- The group is divided into teams that each tackle a specific part of the lifecycle Work is tracked visually via a simple Kanban board, and the day wraps up with demos and discussion
- The reference example toolchain used is comprised of primarily open source tools running in a public cloud environment (AWS) and remains available after the workshop for your continued use and extension
Is the agenda customizable?
- The standard agenda outlined above is the most effective way to deliver all of the necessary material and get the attendees through the exercises within the 3 days allotted
- Emphasis may be placed on one section of the content or on a pressing need that is a priority for your organization may be explored more deeply
- A large part of DevOps improvement is understanding the intersection of people, processes, and tooling within the context of your organization, skipping parts of the workshop content or omitting parts of the lifecycle is not recommended
Contact email@example.com for more information on workshop options and availability.